Sunday, 15 September 2013

Update - Battle of the Body Oils

I previously blogged about the various body oils that I used throughout my pregnancy in order to try and evade the dreaded stretch marks.

Although, compared to some I have been very lucky.  I ended up with some marks on my bum and some very faint ones of the tops of my thighs.


I am very happy to report that these have almost faded now and if I am totally honest I haven't really been using anything in particular to help them on their way since having baby ET.


Full body moisturising is definitely not on my list of priorities at the moment -  I am lucky if I get chance to brush my hair most days!


I have popped on a bit of Bio Oil when I have had the time and also some Soap and Glory body butter so perhaps this tiny bit of care has helped my stretch marks on their way.


Overall,  I would say the oils probably did help to prevent stretch marks.  I did not get any marks on my tummy, which is where I used the oils the most, however I ended up with them on the areas where I naively didn't think I would get them so did not really bother applying the oils all that frequently!


So if you are pregnant and want to try and keep your skin in good condition I would recommend taking action early and using some sort of moisturiser.  I am not sure I would recommend any product in particular, I remember having a conversation with a lady who worked for Origins who advised me that any type of moisturiser would do the trick as the key to avoiding stretch marks is to keep the skin hydrated to help improve elasticity.


Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Midnight Miss,

    Sorry, didn't know how else to contact you.

    My name is Charles and I currently run a blog in Dubai, www.allxpats.com. I have been doing this now for the past year or so and while updating it and letting the website grow, I will now be moving onto my next venture. Which is why I am contacting you.

    As finding advertisers for your site in the UAE is not the easiest of things to achieve, I have decided to start an Affiliate Network in the UAE whereby businesses can offer a certain sum of money per click, lead or a percentage of commission to the blog/website owner who brought in that lead via the website owners unique link.

    Once logged into the website, you will be able to see your earnings, advertising programs you have joined, charts showing all your stats and much more.

    I am currently in university, 21, and this will be my first risky business venture, so trying to get as much research together as possible and people who would be interested in joining if it were good, easy to use, and did have relevant advertisers.

    PLEASE FILL IN THIS VERY FAST 5 Question Survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5TCP5D7

    Sorry for the long email and once again, thank you very, very much for taking the time to read and answer the survey!

    If you ever need any help with anything just let me know, or want to tweet each other, tag each other in Facebook ect and so on.

    Thanks Again

    Charles Leahy

    charlesleahy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete